Cockroaches are the most common household pest. You can find them everywhere in your house. Especially, when you woke up in the mid of the night and switch on the light of the kitchen. Like human, cockroaches require water and food to survive. To get food and water, they hide in your house. Mostly they come out at night and hide in dark places at day time. According to Hamilton pest control, cockroaches are able to spread various diseases. Here are few effective tips offered by pest exterminator service in Hamilton to keep your house cockroaches free.
1. Keep food away: Store your food in sealed containers or in the fridge. Discard you food items that are infested with cockroaches. Open food items are given an invitation to cockroaches to come into the house and spread diseases. Clean dirty dishes, counter and floor of kitchen before going to bed. Make sure you don’t leave any liquid items in a sink or buckets. Empty your dustbin on daily basis.
2. Take out the trash: Don’t leave your garbage can open. Don’t let the full garbage can sit in the house for longer. If you do, it will attract the cockroaches. Buy the trash cans with lid, it will not be attracted cockroaches.
3. Seal all entrance points: If you have any cracked entrance point in your house, seal it as soon as possible. This is the main entrance for cockroaches and other pests. Once you seal the opening, it does not come back. Check your whole house and if you find any possible entry point, seal them up with silicone caulk.
4. Wash dishes: Many people have habit leaving dirty dishes in the sink overnight. If you are tired or you don’t have time to wash your dishes, you can rinse them and wash them on the next morning.
5. Use vacuum: Use vacuum cleaner to clean your whole house. Pull out your fridge and clean properly outside of it. Pull out every single thing of your kitchen and clean behind and under them.
6. Water: Make sure you don’t have standing water in your house. Cockroaches can live without food many months, but can’t survive without water anymore. That is why, avoid standing water. If you have any leakage problem in your house, fix it as soon as possible.
7. Hire a professional: If you think you are not able to prevent this cockroach problem, you can get the help of a professional. Expert cockroach exterminator are able to safeguard your home against cockroach problem.
Here you have it. These are some effective tips that help you to get rid of cockroach problems. Sometimes, a professional service is not enough to prevent this problem. At that time you can adopt these tips given. For more information, make a call to Pestex Pest Control in Hamilton.